Sign in to follow this  
Drifter Kane

When is it too far to not accept an apology?

So when is it too late for apologies?  Being angry doesn't always help...what do you guys think?  I think there are always ways to harmonize and rectify problems...so that mentoring can always be the next step...after harmonies activated which I'm personally working on.

• Like 1

Never, I have apologized to a person 5 years after the fact and we are fine now.

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, Ann_B98 said:

Never, I have apologized to a person 5 years after the fact and we are fine now.

Good answer I would think...

Posted (edited)

Also, what do you guys think about knowing what people are like?...their nature of how and who they are?...you know?...

Edited by Drifter Kane

If what you say is full of truth to be honest I think you can apologize at any point but I also think forgiveness is what can make or break the rest of the relationship 

I don't think it's a matter of being too late, but a matter of the person apologizing and then continuing to make the same mistake even after a second chance was given. I've actually wondered a time or two if people even know what it means to feel sorry for what they've done, or if it's just a meaningless word.

• Love 1
  • No 1

I don't think there is a clear answer to this question. Harboring anger or guilt is awful, and it can really hurt you as time goes on. I try to apologize once I realize I've hurt someone. I can't control whether they accept it or not, but it's the best I can do. However, when it comes to me accepting apologies, it really depends on what's happened for me to accept the request for forgiveness. They say "forgive and forget," but only the first part comes easily for me. Just like how I apologize once I am aware I have wronged someone, I try to forgive in the same manner. But some wounds cut too deep, and it takes a long duration of time for the wound to heal. 

I think you should always apologize... but when you like... ended a human life or something, it likely won’t mean much.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Onision said:

I think you should always apologize... but when you like... ended a human life or something, it likely won’t mean much.

Jeez...lol.

• Love 1

I even apologise when it's not my fault lol . I'm the type of person who forgives most everything. Does not mean I forget but I don't throw it back up in the next argument either

I think you should always apologize. Even if its years later. You always should try to make things right.

• Confused 1