unbrit

LaineybotKinn user

Posted (edited)

@Onision I was wondering what you thoughts are of a user on Tumblr who was kinning Kai? They go by Laineybotkinn (their tumblr link) and they say that they inherited the Lainey persona from Kai after Kai had stated that they (he?) IDs as transmasc. I think it's really unhealthy and I feel you or Kai should reach out to this person and see if they're okay.

If you don't know what kinning is, I took this from a user from Tumblr user fictkinhelp (their FAQ) :

what is fictionkin?

fictionkin is a subset of otherkin. fictionkin is a connection, often spiritual, with a fictional character or species deep enough to identify as them.

fictionkin often believe that they are/were a fictional character or species either now or in a past life. the multiverse theory is often used to rationalize this, but not always.

sometimes fictionkin is also used as a coping mechanism for neurodivergent people. either way, these identities are equally as valid.

what is otherkin?

otherkin is a belief that you are in a way nonhuman. it is very similar to fictionkin, but with nonhuman creatures. those who are otherkin with earth animals are called therians.

I didn't know where to put this, so I hope here is a good place!

Edited by unbrit
  • Confused 1

Also, I just wanted to add that I don't want to start any sort of fictionkin discourse, as it stands. This isn't really a post to get into that, specifically. But I do know some fictionkin and they think that factkin (what this user is doing by kinning Kai) is unhealthy as well. I had discussed with them prior to posting so it wouldn't come off too awful sounding.

• Love 1

On 3/8/2019 at 11:15 PM, unbrit said:

@Onision I was wondering what you thoughts are of a user on Tumblr who was kinning Kai? They go by Laineybotkinn (their tumblr link) and they say that they inherited the Lainey persona from Kai after Kai had stated that they (he?) IDs as transmasc. I think it's really unhealthy and I feel you or Kai should reach out to this person and see if they're okay.

If you don't know what kinning is, I took this from a user from Tumblr user fictkinhelp (their FAQ) :

I didn't know where to put this, so I hope here is a good place!

I feel it is not my position to invalidate people's identities.

On 3/10/2019 at 12:37 PM, Onision said:

I feel it is not my position to invalidate people's identities.

Question, if you were to kiss that person, would it be cheating? :V