Sign in to follow this  
unbrit

Pride

Does anyone go to their local Pride parades? I know that Pride isn't until June (at least for most of the US), but I was curious! I've only gone once and that was after I moved a few years ago (before my boyfriend moved up with me) and I went with friends and had a lot of fun! My boyfriend and I are planning to go this year, though, but we'll see how our plans shake out then. I even started planning it out with some cute LGBT pins (I've gotten a few Bi Pride pins that I'll use on a bag I bought), so I'm excited!

And what is everyone's experience at their local Pride parades? Or, if you haven't gone, would you like to and why/why not?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Last Pride -Just an event, not a parade-  we had in my home town was a few years ago, it was good until near the end when someone gave this Trans(gender) woman a microphone and she loudly started demeaning everyone who was not LGBT. Christian and White. Pride is not just for the LGBT community, but also for their allies and supporters.

Other than that it was a very fun event and if they hosted another in my town, I would go to it again. 

2 hours ago, Sloppy Mommy said:

Last Pride -Just an event, not a parade-  we had in my home town was a few years ago, it was good until near the end when someone gave this Trans(gender) woman a microphone and she loudly started demeaning everyone who was not LGBT. Christian and White. Pride is not just for the LGBT community, but also for their allies and supporters.

Other than that it was a very fun event and if they hosted another in my town, I would go to it again. 

That sounds awful! I know there are some in the LGBT community (who I personally stay away from) who don't like it when cisgender straight people show up. But you don't know if they're together with someone who is trans or bi or something or just an ally who is  there in support of someone or just the community as a whole. It's kind of demeaning to just admonish anyone not part of the LGBT community.

I went with friends and we had a blast and no one tried gate keeping or saying that straight people are the devil or some such. It's dumb to try and get rid of people who support you, y'know? Unless they're The Straights ™ who hate LGBT people, then you can S●●● on them, lol

With pride coming up around the US, I figured I'd bump this thread back up.

I'm planning to go with my boyfriend and some friends (provided the plans don't fall through on their end). I plan on getting matching shirts with my boyfriend to go to pride this year, too, so it'll be pretty rad going this year!

Anyone have plans to go to their local Pride parade this year? Where at, if you don't mind me asking as well?

Posted (edited)

Lol, I'm the only one keeping this thread alive, it seems.

I'm still excited to go to Pride this year. Our local Pride falls on the 30th and it's in the Seattle area! I've already got my outfit all ready and we convinced some of our friends to go with us this year.

@Onision , were you and Kai going to go to pride this year? I don't remember Kai saying that you two were going, but it'd be cool to run into you two if you were!

Edited by unbrit