Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Adam159900

Does depression need a reason?

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to be depressed for no reason? Like you are just depressed. With no reason to explain exactly why. Is that possible? What is depression? Is it just like feeling? Something wrong with the brain? I just don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely. Depression can be as "simple" as a hormonal dysfunction. It can even be genetic. I know the last time I commented this you said therapists wouldn't be able to help with your form of depression, but if you're concerned about this, then that's just one more sign that it's time to look for help, because if this is the case, then it's absolutely treatable and if not, then you'll still benefit from using therapy to learn about the root of your depression, since you don't seem to have found it yet.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah bro get some help, there's no shame in it and you really seem to need some support

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lilith said:

Absolutely. Depression can be as "simple" as a hormonal dysfunction. It can even be genetic. I know the last time I commented this you said therapists wouldn't be able to help with your form of depression, but if you're concerned about this, then that's just one more sign that it's time to look for help, because if this is the case, then it's absolutely treatable and if not, then you'll still benefit from using therapy to learn about the root of your depression, since you don't seem to have found it yet.

Exactly what she said. If you want to know more, talk to a professional. People on the internet can be there for you as supportive friends but that’s it, only a professional can get you the help you need. 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lilith said:

Absolutely. Depression can be as "simple" as a hormonal dysfunction. It can even be genetic. I know the last time I commented this you said therapists wouldn't be able to help with your form of depression, but if you're concerned about this, then that's just one more sign that it's time to look for help, because if this is the case, then it's absolutely treatable and if not, then you'll still benefit from using therapy to learn about the root of your depression, since you don't seem to have found it yet.

I don't trust therapists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adam159900 said:

I don't trust therapists. 

But forums are a valid replacement?

 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adam159900 said:

I don't trust therapists. 

Why would you trust strangers on the internet more than a trained professional? Do you want help or not because that’s the step you need to take if so. We can only do so much for you. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lilith said:

But forums are a valid replacement?

 

I just vaguely say how I feel and ask questions on here. I don't necessarily think anything will come of it. 

 

2 hours ago, Mae said:

Why would you trust strangers on the internet more than a trained professional? Do you want help or not because that’s the step you need to take if so. We can only do so much for you. 

I don't trust people on here like that. I have only told people the vague emotions on here. I don't know what I want honestly but I sure as hell ain't gonna trust a random stranger who gets paid to talk to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adam159900 said:

I sure as hell ain't gonna trust a random stranger who gets paid to talk to me. 

That's a very, very defeatist way of looking at it. Is a doctor just someone who's paid to treat you? Does it matter as long as the treatment works? The therapist isn't pretending to be your friend, they're there to analyze where your depression comes from and to give you solutions, either in the form of medication, treatment, or both - but the treatment also is not something the therapist does for you, they only inform you about the tools you'll use to treat yourself.

Anyway, I noticed a trend in your threads that make me feel like you don't want any actual advice, you just want to commiserate, which is not a bad thing - venting is healthy too - , but personally, I can't just stand idly by while you ignore any efforts to help you, so I'll not be interacting with these threads anymore.  

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lilith said:

That's a very, very defeatist way of looking at it. Is a doctor just someone who's paid to treat you? Does it matter as long as the treatment works? The therapist isn't pretending to be your friend, they're there to analyze where your depression comes from and to give you solutions, either in the form of medication, treatment, or both - but the treatment also is not something the therapist does for you, they only inform you about the tools you'll use to treat yourself.

Anyway, I noticed a trend in your threads that make me feel like you don't want any actual advice, you just want to commiserate, which is not a bad thing - venting is healthy too - , but personally, I can't just stand idly by while you ignore any efforts to help you, so I'll not be interacting with these threads anymore.  

Alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adam159900 said:

I just vaguely say how I feel and ask questions on here. I don't necessarily think anything will come of it. 

 

I don't trust people on here like that. I have only told people the vague emotions on here. I don't know what I want honestly but I sure as hell ain't gonna trust a random stranger who gets paid to talk to me. 

They’re professionals who are trained to help you. The same way you’d go to a dentist for a filling or to the doctor for a cold. If you want to just talk about your feelings, by all means go ahead but if you want to actually improve your mental health, you can’t do that just by talking to us, but instead by speaking to a professional. Good luck. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you do not know the reason to be depressed it could be just to much bottled up feelings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh so you want to get worse instead? I didn't trust psychologists or anyone trained in that field at first but I had to get better so i gave them a shot! I have had depression all my life so I had to (free healthcare in Finland)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boyfriend got chronic depression at age 20 because as a child and as a teenager, his folks made him move allot and switch schools allot and he had to keep saying good bye to his friends, eventually it made him really sad, angry, crazy and very suicidal when he became an adult. My boyfriend also has a friend who had a WAY better childhood than my boyfriend, never moved ever but had depression ever since he was 8 because he had something wrong with his brain. It was never as bad a my boyfriend's depression though since my boyfriend started even self loathing and self harming at age 24 and his friend never even self loathed himself ever or ever did anything weird, he was just sad all the time. But yeah, it can happen for no reason if you were born with a messed up brain. I think the ones that happen for reasons can get way worse though. It also gets way worse when you're an adult and you start thinking way more deeply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Site Rules