Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peacefulfaerie

Some suggestions from a long-time fan

Guest Peacefulfaerie

Hello, Onision! I was pulling an all-nighter last night because my two-year-old puppy just wasn't willing to settle down for bed and during my time of trying to corral the little fluffball, I had some thoughts about a live stream you did, explaining how the quality of your content was going to increase and that you would be more dedicated to bringing that to the fans. However, after watching several videos from you over the past couple of weeks, I'm not seeing the changes. What I mean is, the visual quality isn't as clear as it should be, your foreground is too busy or too empty, and for your audio? well, I'm not the best in that area so I can't critique that successfully. But, getting to the point, there is a YouTuber I watch called Alpha Gaming (AKA Harris Heller) who specializes in teaching people how to stream or do videos, what equipment you should have, what your settings should be set to, and what lighting setup you want to have. I'll leave links to each video that I thought would be more beneficial to you than it is to me since I'm not a YouTuber or a Streamer. I truly hope this helps and that you take some of it into consideration for the future! 

Now, I'd like to quickly point out that while these videos focus primarily around Twitch, this also applies to YouTube as well. If you'd like to find more tips, you can just scroll through what else he has uploaded. 

DISCLAIMER:  Before anyone downvotes this, or comes onto me thinking I'm hating or telling him how to run his channel, I'm not. I simply wish for the best for him and I know he is capable of so much more than what he thinks he can achieve by keeping things as they are. I am more of a neutral fan as opposed to being fully devoted like I used to be, but that is simply for personal reasons. I hope no one (including Onision) takes offense to this, I mean well and I look forward to seeing more content.

That's really interesting! As far as I know, Greg actually has very high-end gear, so it would be worth looking into how to use it to its fullest potential.

• Love 1

Guest Peacefulfaerie
1 minute ago, Lilith said:

That's really interesting! As far as I know, Greg actually has very high-end gear, so it would be worth looking into how to use it to its fullest potential.

I agree! I think with just these three alone he could benefit from utilizing his foreground (everything behind him) and better lighting so that the main focus is on himself and not the surrounding area.  Plus the lighting could help his camera balance out the colors so it's more realistic tone. :3